Athena Series 86: 0° to 1,000°F Electronic Adjustable High-Limit Controller With 48" Remote Setpoint, and High Limit Reset Button
Therm Coil Drawing No.: 337T-1213-002
Therm Coil Model No: TCE-86-L-B-01F-806-K
Model Specific Description
This model is strictly an adjustable high-limit controller for heating applications that is track-mounted. It has a temperature range of 0° to 1,000°F, a 48" remote set-point, a high limit reset button, and has a SPDT relay rated 7A / 5A at 120 / 240V use.
How The High-Limit Controller Works
Adjust the Setpoint Knob to the desired limit temperature. Apply
power and press the Manual Reset Button. The Control Relay is
now energized, the normally open and common contacts closed.
When the process temperature being monitored by the limit thermocouple reaches the set value, the limit relay will change state
and latch in that state until the monitored temperature falls below
the set-point and the Manual Reset Button is depressed.
(NOTE: an option is available to provide automatic reset of the limit upon application of control power - contact factory for special order information.)
Athena Series 86 General Description
The Athena Series 86 is a non-indicating, case or track mounted temperature controller that can be used for differential (on-off) to proportional control via simple adjustment. The controller accepts thermocouple or RTD input, and offers field changeable control outputs for relay, SS relay, or pulsed voltage.
- Single-turn, 270° Rotation Potentiometer
- Field Changeable Control Outputs: Relay, SS Relay or Pulsed Voltage
- Failsafe in Open Sensor Conditions
- Optional Remote Setpoint
- Optional Solid-State Contactors for Boosting Power Handling Capacity
- Cooling Configuration Available
- Thermocouple or RTD Input
- Limit Controller Option
Technical Specifications (Model Specific)
- Temperature Range: 0° to 1,000°F
- Setpoint: Single-turn, 270° rotation potentiometer (48" length remote)
- Setpoint Resolution: 1/4% with remote potentiometer
- Calibration Accuracy: 1% at calibration points with remote potentiometer.
- Ambient Temperature: 32°F to 130°F (0°C to 55°C)
- Humidity Tolerance: 5 to 95%, non-condensing
- Cold Junction Compensation: Internal electrical bridge
- Hysteresis/Proportional Band: Thermocouple adjustable from hysteresis of 5° to proportional band of 25° RTD deadband is 3° to proportional band of 10°
- Thermocouple Break Protection: Output power off with open sensor.
- Output: Type B Relay S.P.D.T. 7 A/5 A @ 120/240 V
- Supply Voltage: 120/240 ± 10%V, 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 2 watts
Disclaimers: Athena is a registered trademark of Athena Controls Inc..
Therm Coil MFG. Co. is not affiliated with any of the aforementioned trademark owners, manufacturers, or their subsidiaries.